Welcome     Recipes      My Story

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Cashew Cream and Skim Milk

We have been using cashew milk for the past couple of months and I really like it, so I thought I would pass the idea along. This recipe here is good if you have a sweet tooth and plan on drinking it, but as I use it to pour on hot cereals or to bake with, I simplified it even further. I soak a cup of cashews for 4-6 hours, blend in a blender it with 5 cups of water for abut 3 minutes till smooth (a Vitamix would need a much shorter time, of course). Pour some of it to fill a quart jar and label it Cashew Cream. Then I add another 2 cups of water to the remaining and blend again, briefly to mix it in. I pour that into another quart jar, maybe add a little water to fill, and label it Cashew Skim Milk. I use the "cream" for my hot cereals or to make dressings or desert toppings and the "skim" to bake with. It separates in the fridge, so I just shake it up slightly before using each time. I don't know why, but the cashew milk makes the yummiest biscuits in the world. My 9 year old is now famous for them!

Cashew Cream and Skim Milk
2 cups cashews, soaked 4-6 hours
5 cups water
2 cups water
Blend cashews and 5 cups water for 3 minutes, set aside one quart, add 2 cups water, blend again. Fill  second batch with additional water to make another quart.



No comments:

Post a Comment